How PCE came to be
I want to preface my first blog post with a disclaimer. I'm not a professional writer. I have no ambitions to become one either. These blogs will be filled with plenty of grammatical errors and poor formatting.
I'm not here for anything other than to try and offer value to anyone who resonates with my way of thinking. If you find value, appreciate my analogies or references, or otherwise just enjoy considering other's perspectives, then I consider that a success.
I spent 12 years working in the restaurant industry and did every position under the sun. I enjoyed my time, worked my hardest, and found value in being valuable to others in different ways. At the same time, I also hated the industry. I hated the inconsistency in policies the most. Do something wrong, and you're reprimanded for it - that's fine, expected. Do something the way they ask you to, but the guest still isn't happy? Well then it's wrong again. Change how you do it because you were wrong again? As long as the guest wants to put up a fight, you're always wrong. I didn't feel like the average restaurant stood up for their employees in those circumstances (don't get me wrong, there are definitely plenty of times the customer is absolutely justified in their frustration, but not every time).
I auditioned for a very famous show called "Survivor." It's my favorite show of all time, they're currently airing season 50, and I've always believed I would win if selected for the show. 8.5 years ago there was an open casting call where I lived. I went, waiting 9 hours to audition, and didn't get a call back.
But it didn't matter. The impact had already resonated with me. Survivor isn't about the game. The game is just the lure. The real value is the adventure and the experience you go on as a result of the game. What I realized when I finished my audition was that the feeling I had of taking even a single step towards a dream I had always had felt good. Intoxicating. I wanted to chase that feeling. I wanted to live up to who I was describing in my audition. My perspective towards how I was pursuing "success" shifted that day.
I went to work, quit my job on the spot, and vowed never to go back to a restaurant as an employee ever again. It's been nearly 9 years now, and I've kept that word to myself.
I live by the philosophy today that perception changes everything, which is why we're called PCE Promotions. If you change how you think, you'll change how you act. If you change how you act, you can ACTUALLY change your life. I now run my own business, employ roughly 30 employees at any given time, and am getting ready to expand my business and help someone else develop the business skills I've acquired along the way.
That potential is available to anyone who's willing to get behind the same behaviors that led other to success as well, regardless of the field they pursue. I think you're only ever one perspective away from the solution to any problem you face, if you're willing to look long enough for the answer.
What follows this post is designed to share stories that highlight the evidence of why I believe in this motto, how it's served other people in a massive way, and actionable tips that might help you find positive progress in your life by believing in the motto that built PCE Promotions.

Comments
Post a Comment